Empress Elisabeth of Austria celebrates her 40th birthday and must fight to maintain her public image by lacing her corset tighter and tighter. While Elisabeth’s role has been reduced against her wishes, her hunger for knowledge and zest for life makes her restless in Vienna.
Marie Kreutzer, born in Graz, is one of Austria’s most important and established filmmakers. After graduating from the AHS Modellschule, an alternative school with an artistic focus, she began her studies at the Film Academy Vienna in the field of screenwriting and dramaturgy with Walter Wippersberg and graduated with distinction. Afterwards, she worked as a script supervisor and in continuity in cinema and TV productions and made a variety of award- winning short feature films, which were shown at numerous festivals.
- 2022 CORSAGE ǀ Feature, 113’
- 2022 VIER ǀ TV, 88’
- 2019 THE GROUND BENEATH MY FEET (Der Boden Unter Den Füßen) ǀ Feature, 108’ 2017 DIE NOTLÜGE ǀ TV, 90’
- 2016 WE USED TO BE COOL (Was Hat Uns Bloß So Ruiniert) ǀ Feature, 96’
- 2015 GRUBER IS LEAVING (Gruber geht)Feature, 104’
- 2011 THE FATHERLESS (Die Vaterlosen) ǀ Feature, 104’
Languages:German, French, English, Hungarian
Countries:Austria, Luxembourg, Germany, France
Producer:Alexander Glehr, Johanna Scherz