A television actress encounters a variety of eccentric characters after embarking on a journey to discover why her lover abruptly left her.
Pedro Almodóvar was born in La Mancha, along with the decade of the 50s. It was the era of the Cold War, the mambo, the Big Bands, Balenciaga, the Korean War, the Hungary uprising, Stalin’s death, etc. But none of these events had the slightest effect in Calzada de Calatrava, the village where he was born. Almodóvar took a good look at his surroundings and didn’t like what he saw. He felt like an astronaut at King Arthur’s Court. He had absolutely no inclination toward rural life, but had to wait sixteen years before he could make a change of scenery and finally settle in Madrid.
- 1974/1979 Diverse films of varying lenghts in Super 8 mm (including some in 16 mm, Salomé)
- 1980 Pepi, Luci, Bom
- 1982 Labyrinth of Passions
- 1983 Dark Habits
- 1984-85 What have I Done to Deserve This?!
- 1985 Trayler para amantes de lo prohibido. (Medium-lenght video for TVE) 1985-86 Matador
- 1986 Law of Desire
- 1987 Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown